For the first time since I bought Lucie, I booked a holiday WITH her, road tripping across on the Spirit of Tasmania ferry, and 2 weeks visiting friends and driving about on Australia’s island state. I have become increasingly confident of the car’s capabilities and reliability, but before I booked it in I knew she was due for a service, so took her along to the mechanic’s to get her insides looked at. As always I was very happy with the service and the work done, and even more so to find that the annoying rattle she had at certain revs was also now gone with the radiator having been reseated a little further away from the chassis of the car. Feels like a new machine.
Here’s the breakdown of work done.
- Full service and mechanical checkover
- Change oil and filter
- Check, dust and adjust brakes
- Check suspension, exhaust, lights, wipers, washers, battery, tyres
- Cooling system fluid levels, road test and report
- Full tune
- Replace r/h rear wheel cylinder and metal brake pad
- Bleed brakes
- Remove generator and recondition
- Refit and check
- Fit new rear screen rubber trim and the chrome locking strip
- Oil – HP40 Penrite
- Late Mini oil filter
- Seal rear Mini windscreen
- Points Q/fit Mini 75 (Bosch)
- >74 HS2 Air Filter Element
- 3/4 Rear Mini Wheel cylinder
- Brake Fluid
- Recondition generator parts
Worth every penny.